Wednesday, April 12, 2006

NUTS!!!!

Now let me be clear on one issue. I, unlike many of my superior officers, am not a military tactician. I am just a crusty old retired Sergeant Major with exceptionally accurate gut feelings and enough combat savvy and luck to have stayed alive. Having said that let me say that I saw, while observing from the outside and from the beginning, where the nation was being driven by this administration and I along with many of my comrades in arms boisterously voiced our concerns to every elected representative that would listen and wouldn’t listen (Unfortunately there were more of the later and damn few of the former.). Because of this, I have only one thing to say, to those senior officers and civilian leaders in positions of leadership who had direct knowledge of the intelligence leading up to the Iraq War and subsequent occupation and who failed to speak up, that they will unquestioningly understand. With all due respect sirs and ma’ams, NUTS!!!!

These individuals have, as surely as George W. Bush has, let this country down. They are responsible, as surely as George W. Bush is responsible, for the unnecessary deaths and injuries of thousands of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians. Please understand that I am ecstatic that these officers are now coming forward. I laud them and applaud them. We need them to raise their voices and to shed the bright light of truth on this administration and its wanton disregard for the rule of law and the safety and security of this nation. As they do so I thank them from the bottom of my heart but I must also say this to them. It will take some time for me to get over your failure to come forward sooner and save this nation and the people of Iraq the many lives lost and broken and the suffering endured as a result of your failure to act sooner.

April 12, 2006 = KIA’s: 2,364; WIA’s: 17,469; Iraqis (Estimated): 100,000 +/- or WTFK’s

Those Are The Sergeant Majors Thoughts On That.

5 comments:

LT said...

Well said and hard to disagree. Like Powell today: thanks a friggin lot. We need these people to speak up; late is better than never, but ja-heezus. Why so late in coming?

sgtfreedom said...

Sgt Major you are Roght On here
I agree with your thoughts entirely
Hope MORE Gens come out maybe even some still serving ?

Keep on Keepin On Brother

Richard Wells said...

I'm most disturbed with Gen. Powell. Loyalty should only go so far. Stepping up at this late date does nothing to rehabilitate his reputation.

Richard Wells said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good work, Sgt. Major. I look forward to your thoughts on Iran.