Friday, February 10, 2006

Why I love America and Don’t Like George W. Bush – A Soldiers Thoughts

I was browsing the news today and began to think to myself; this really is a great country but why exactly do I love America? I thought to myself, I know I love this country because I served in her armed forces for 27 years and through a couple of wars so I must love her. So I decided to make a quick list of all those plain Jane kinds of reasons I love my country and here is the list that just popped in my head in just a few minutes so you know it is by no means all inclusive.

Reasons the Sergeant Major loves his country.

I love America because we are a land of high ideals.
I love America because we are a land of frugal and prudent people.
I love America because we are a land that believes in honesty and integrity.
I love America because we are a land that respects the rights of others.
I love America because we are a land that believes in the rule of law.
I love America because we are a land of people that are always there helping our neighbors.
I love America because we are a land that would never use military force without just provocation.
And last but not least I love America because we love and take care of our soldiers.

So after I made that quick list it suddenly hit me that the news I just read says that George W. Bush must not love America very much. The news I just read, in fact, says George W. Bush doesn’t even represent our mainstream American values. So I don’t like George W. Bush. And here are some of the reasons I don’t like George W. Bush.

I don’t like George W. Bush because he doesn’t have the mainstream American value of being frugal and prudent.
U.S. Trade Deficit

I don’t like George W. Bush because he doesn’t have the mainstream American value of honesty and integrity.
Intelligence
Libby

I don’t like George W. Bush because he doesn’t have the mainstream American value of honesty and integrity and respect for America’s laws and constitution.
FISA

I don’t like George W. Bush because he doesn’t have the mainstream American value of always being there to help his neighbors.
Katrina

I don’t like George W. Bush because he have the mainstream American value of never using military force without just provocation.
Invasion

I don’t like George W. Bush because he doesn’t have the mainstream American value of loving and taking care of our soldiers.
Body Armor

These are just some of the reason I don’t like George W. Bush but mostly I don’t like George W. Bush because he’s not a nice man and I know that because nice men wouldn’t do what George W. Bush does. Like this.
Rendition
And this.
Torture
And this.
Humvee Armor

George W. Bush should not be president because he doesn’t represent mainstream American values and because he’s not a nice man or a good Commander in Chief.

Those Are The Sergeant Majors Thoughts On That.

No comments: