Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Truth Under a Bright Light

I am linking this post to a just released Newsweek Poll. The first thought that came to mind upon reading this article was how amazing it is that when the bright light of truth is shined on dishonesty the mantle of arrogance begins to melt away and a persons true nature is revealed. It has been obvious to me from the beginning when George W. Bush was campaigning for President that he and his Vice President Dick Cheney were neither true Statesmen nor upright politicians. Whether I reflect on domestic or foreign policy I see mass confusion and disaster after disaster. The policies of this administration have exported more and created fewer 'real' jobs than any administration in recent memory. I believe it was President Ronald Reagan who said, "Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours". There is a new twist on that now and I would say it goes like this, 'recession is when a neighbor is under employed and depression is when you are under employed'. When I look around I see a lot of under employed people and that is because this administration has fostered and supported programs that have resulted in the exporting of the best jobs overseas and the creation of, 'you want fries with that burger' jobs at home.

When I look around I see an administration that was suppose to be poised to respond to a natural or man made disaster, that was caught completely flat footed by a forecasted major natural disaster. And "Good Job Brownie" George Bush stuttered in the background and gave us and almost immediate fly over. I would have passed on the fly-over for a competent, qualified pick for a leader of FEMA. I shudder to think what would happen if the major earthquake so long forecast for California ever hits or the long expected repeat of a 9/11.

What I am driving at in this post is that when an administration builds it's policies on a web of deceit it is never long before the truth is exposed for all to see. This administration has done just that. They have built their administration on deceit and now they are slowly being exposed for the frauds they are. It is unfortunate that they have at least 3 more years to do more, perhaps irreparable, damage. I hope the voters of this country see and understand this and next year vote enough honest, thoughtful and competent people into office. It is only in next years election that we can bring real change.

Those are The Sergeant Majors thoughts on that.

No comments: