Wednesday, October 12, 2005

After a long day

After a long day and a chat with my very good conservative friend I have decided that I have just about had all of the fun and negative thoughts I can stand. It is intuitively clear that the Republican Party is imploding. Can they find anyone else to indict or investigate? I think they have probably just about covered the entire staff in the President and Vice Presidents offices. And we thought we’d never hear the end of White Water.

Unfortunately it is just as clear that the Democratic Party is not stepping forward with the good ideas that I know they have or would have if they’d wake up. I keep hoping that they will come out with a plan to extract us from Iraq or outline the steps they plan to take to reduce the budget deficit and just what is the plan for gaining energy independence. But as you and I know it is just silence. Deafening silence is all I hear. Okay let’s at least prime the pump. Here are a couple of ideas I’ve been throwing around.

First let's deal with Iraq. Here is what I proposed in an earlier blog. "Our first steps as a nation must be to exercise good judgment and leadership in laying out a clear plan of withdrawal from Iraq as quickly as possible while leaving the Iraqi people in charge of their own destiny. This first step is urgent because the longer we are there the more like and occupation it becomes to the Islamic world and the more training real terrorist will get at our and the Iraqi peoples expense. The second and most crucial step we must take is to simultaneously form meaningful coalitions and alliances of truly willing nations and begin real action to eliminate the terror threat to all the nations of this world."

Next let's take on the gross budget deficit created by the Bush administration. I think we should start by rolling back all of those gifts to the very wealthy called tax cuts that the Bush administration has rammed through Congress with the help of Mr. (Broken Hammer) Delay and Dr. (Blind Trust) Bill Frist.

Let’s see if the Democratic Party leadership meeting in California this week at those little fund raisers can get it off the ground now and release that top secret plan they have been leaking rumors about for weeks.

These are a few of my thoughts and I’m looking for my died in the wool liberal friends to step forward with some more.

Well that’s my thoughts for tonight.

Those are The Sergeant Majors thoughts on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The budget deficit was entirely created by the Bush Admin? Where are all these govt programs coming from, Larry? You want to give money to the lazy and non productive, fine, but someone has to pay for it. If Bush cut gov't spending like he should - like you suggest- you'd have a fit.

Here's the scenario...my friend and I borrow some money. He takes some of it and gives it to a poor person. I get blamed for borrowing the money and my friend gets the credit for being so caring.

The Dems took your money just as much as the Repubs did. And the Repubs are just as generous as the Dems. Grow up Larry.