Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Letter to my friend

Well I can't go to bed without answering you. I guess what I'm saying is that you and I will never ever agree on this issue. We could get wrapped up in the same arguments that all of the others do talking about how this news or that news is right but it won't get either one of us anywhere. I think every person simply has to do what they have to do based on their knowledge of the world. I was once a very conservative soldier and for 27 years I did what my President said I should do. I do not regret one day of it. I believe I have learned much and have much to learn. I struggle each day to observe all things as objectively and based on as much fact as I can. I have made the observation that this President is a liar and I stand by that. It hurts me greatly that the soldiers I helped to train are now dying because he lied. So many people speak so casually of these young men and women as though they were just so many numbers or as we say in the military just so much canon fodder. That's what my original article was about. I didn't accuse in that article I queried. I asked why because I believe people should ask why. These are real people shedding real blood and by God everyone should think about it and stop trying to make media money and political hay off of it. That is the whole problem. Well my friend I venture that if it were your father, mother, sister or brother who died in Iraq I suspect you "might" think differently or at least struggle mightily to understand "why". By the way not all liberal people are communist. Most (the majority of America by the way) are just very caring people who don't want other people to die. I don't say that because I am liberal I say that because I am not liberal or conservative I'm just an American. I am me and me says George Bush is a liar. Nuff said? Later my friend.

No comments: