Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Dirt Gets Dirtier or How I Got Inspired

I am of the opinion that one must be inspired to actually write a blog. This morning I’m not so sure I am inspired but I do feel a little dirty so that’s my motivation. Let me explain that dirty feeling. I have just read another report on Senator Bill Frist and the, what is now infamous, story of the blind trust. By the way I think that term “blind trust” might just be what you would call an oxymoron. In the case of Mr. Frist, or anyone else in a similar situation, I find it difficult to believe that his trust was either blind or trusting when it was his brother that was controlling his investments. Anyway Mr. Frist’s shenanigans are only part of the reason I’m feeling the dirt. The rest of the reason is that it seems that a very large number of the elected officials in Washington, that is a large number of the “R” sort of elected officials, are under investigation, indictment or otherwise being scrutinized by some form of law enforcement or regulatory agency. To name just a few you have Tom Delay, David Safavian, Scooter Libby, and last but not least the Presidents brain Karl Rove. By the way the list isn’t all inclusive and doesn’t include the ones that just scurried away like Randy "Duke" Cunningham, FDA chief Lester Crawford and let’s not forget the infamous “Brownie” of FEMA fame. In fact I think there are probably more people being looked at in Washington than there are germs being studied at the CDC. This is of great concern to me, and maybe should be of concern to you, since it seems to me that the reasons given for us to vote them in was so that they could bring integrity and moral character back to Washington. I think we voters just might have failed at accomplishing the bringing back integrity and moral character thing. Actually I think we might just have done the opposite. I think Washington is starting to smell like the oyster beds just south of New Orleans. Well take heart my friends the good news is that next November we all get a second chance and I’m really hoping we might pull it off. Unfortunately I also think we don’t have a prayer of making that happen down here in Florida.

To stay true to my mission and message here are the latest casualty figures out of Iraq.
1,963 KIA and 14,755 WIA

Those are The Sergeant Majors thoughts on that.

No comments: