Thursday, October 13, 2005

An Early Morning Rant

Okay my friend, you are fixated on taxes as being the root of all evil and I simply don't believe that. My perspective and belief system is obviously totally different than yours when it comes to governments role in a citizens life. I believe the government exist to protect the citizens of it's country and NOT just in the military sense. By virtue of that obligation it requires money to function. Maybe a flat or fair tax is the answer but it is not and can never be the "final" solution. It is one small part. And yes money corrupts politicians and a lot of others and that is why we have laws and something our founding fathers called separation of powers. The problem right now is that we've had a Congress, that until recently has blindly followed and idiot and his brain. I also don't believe nor does any real evidence that I know of prove that the previous administration was as corrupt and vile as the current one. You my friend seem to continue to believe the BS and drivel that comes out of the Limbaughs of the world.

Oh and by the way I did not recommend a cut and run policy in Iraq. You might note that I said leave the Iraqi people in charge of their destiny. What that means and what I believe is needed is a clear plan to leave. Cut and Run is a tired worn disingenuous Republican/Conservative term they use to make Democrats/Liberals look weak on defense. I'm liberal and I'm damn sure not weak on defense. The reality is that Draft Dodging Bill (and I mean that in the nicest way) did a better job with the military than the swaggering yahoo now in the office is doing. One last question. Why do you keep excusing the criminal and immoral behavior of the members of this administration? You don't blatantly do it but you just casually brush it aside rather like a politician answering a question he or she doesn't like. Is a tax break worth the price that's being paid? Soldiers dying. Intelligence agents AND their contacts compromised and I am sure some have died as a result. Incompetent crony's being put in office which has caused untold suffering. I don't know why I ask that question because I believe every conservative I know thinks anything is worth the money (or most of them anyway). By the way I don't brush liberals behavior aside, I call them on it and write and tell them when I think they are being idiots and I don't vote for them either. Rant ended.

Those are The Sergeant Majors thoughts on that.

No comments: